Subject: [Leica] StreetKid Debrief
From: "Scott Squire" <scott_squire@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:47:41 +0000

Dear LUG,

Now that I'm home from my stint in Romania, I want to thank you for your
support and feedback during my StreetKid Project.

I met my principle goal, which was to learn what doing a big photo
documentary project entails. I also think I grew as a photographer. In any
event, I enjoyed myself and enjoyed puzzling over 'the story' almost as much
as I enjoyed taking pitchers.

A month ago or so, uploads to the site tapered off sharply. Honestly, it was
just too much for me to manage--doing the journalism AND publishing it, even
in the crude form I was throwing out there. That was the big lesson, I
suppose.

Over the next few weeks (short term) and the next several months (longer
term) I'll be processing, editing and packaging the words and pictures, and
I will continue to use (or rather, I'll resume using) the
http://www.scottsquire.net site as the clearing-house for the results of the
project.

Shortly, I expect to be uploading a bunch more of the pictures, so that you
will see, basically, the first edit of the project, top-to-bottom. As
always, I'll welcome your comments.

I hope I'll be able to go back this winter, to follow up on some of the
stories that were unfolding, and to catch these people during the difficult
time of the year, when it's bitter cold and consistently grim. I caught them
in the easiest time of the year, and it didn't exactly contribute to the
dramatic grit of the photos. A winter trip might add a little balance to the
project's overall integrity.

Thank you again for your support.

Scott Squire