Subject: RE: [Leica] LUG daytrip in DC area - Sat., October 12th
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:25:07 -0400

Great, Don; we'll count you in for now as well.

FWIW, only the shots I took with existing light [no flash] turned out from
my last trip to the Gerber; all the flash shots looked terrible, whether
they were bounce or direct [and if you want to bounce, bring an arc light;
the ceilings are 30 feet or more].  For existing light exposures at the
Gerber, I consider a tripod essential, as most of the exposures in the
hangers were hovering around 1/4-1/2 second in length at f/1.0 with 160
speed film.

The Noct was too long; anything from 35mm down should be able to encompass a
lot of the subject matter better.  In many areas, you can get real close to
the aircraft; too close, in fact.  The challenge is to shoot the aircraft
within the confines of the space you are allowed access; 28mm or wider may
be better.

The docent was very accommodating of the photographers in our group and
would wait until everyone was finished shooting before moving on.

Regards,

/Mitch
Mitch Zeissler