Subject: [Leica] Introduction
From: j kallo <quietglow@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:40:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list,

My sysop always told me it was polite to introduce
onesself when joining a listserve, so here goes: my
name is Joe Kallo and I'm (almost no longer) a
graduate student in philosophy. I have been doing
mostly black and white work since high school. A month
ago I bought a Canon Ql-17 and risked two weeks of
pictures home in California to the thing. Even before
I developed the film I was hooked. I really, really
like shooting with a rangefinder. Soon after
developing said pictures, and in a drunken rage, I put
all my SLR stuff on ebay. My nice little Nikon setup
yielded funds to (barely) cover a not-mint M2 and a
Summarit lens.

Two questions for the list: First, it looks as if all
speeds below 1/60 are dragging. At 1/30 and 1/15 there
is an underexposed band at the end of the shutter
travel. The camera camera obviously sat for awhile--so
perhaps a CLA? Second, the vulcanite is flaking (you
are all so suprised). I've read several accounts on
the web of people replacing it with some stuff 3M
makes. Is this a good plan? Anyone make a template for
this?

Thanks all,
Joe

=====