Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Digilux use by professionals
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:31:18 -0400

At 04:40 PM 8/26/02 -0400, you wrote:
>   I'm really enthusiastic about my Digilux but it's viewfinder is one of
> those zooming varieties and far from the clean, clear, distortion-free M
> viewfinder. Also, exposure information like f stop and shutter speed are
> absent and must be viewed on the monitor, meaning battery use. If you opt
> for manual exposure, you have to turn on the monitor for that as well.
> It's great little camera, but I'm eager for the day when we have a
> digital M. I'm guessing that the move to digital may be as significant to
> 35mm photography as the SLR revolution of the early 1960s; we know Leitz
> got off to a far too slow start then; let's hope that Leica moves much
> faster now, for the sake of the M camera and those of us who love it.
>    Steve

Steve -

I'm going to stick a viewfinder in the hot shoe of my Digilux and leave the
LCD turned off when I'm working with people.  They always want to see
themselves on the LCD and it's very distracting.  If I leave the LCD off
except to chimp occasionally and to check the exposures, that will help on
the battery drain; however, I find that the batteries last quite
awhile.  I'm looking forward to the digital Leica that can use the lenses
I've already got!  I know it's not practical now, but as fast as digital is
moving, there's bound to be a breakthrough soon.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: