Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripping
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

You definitely have lots of things to hit in New
Mexico.  White sands is a must, and I suggest you get
there early morning or late afternoon to get the best
light.  Also interesting near there is the "Valley of
Fire" with lots of black volcanic rock and green
cactus growing through. If you have time, Taos and the
Rio Grande Gorge (about 700 feet deep) are nice, also
the Ranchos de Taos church that Ansel Adams and many
others have photographed over the years. If you are
into people shooting the Indian Pueblos are nice, they
do charge a fee per camera, but it is not too much
(about $10).

If you go through Ft. Worth and like Mexican food, a
must stop is Joe T. Garcia's off North Main near the
stock yards. It has been there since the 1920's and is
quite modern now, they no longer walk you through the
kitchen to get to the dining room, and they actually
give you a check at the end of the meal instead of the
lady at the cash register asking how many dinners you
had...

If you pass through Eastern PA, the river roads along
the Delaware river in Bucks County PA and across the
river NJ are great for early morning shots, if you are
lucky, you get a bit of fog..Also great places to eat
along the river (Meil's in Stockton, NJ is about as
good as breakfast gets, and the Frenchtown Inn is
great for Lunch and Dinner).

I'll leave the rest of the trip to someone that knows
the area better, I usually am on the
interstate...get's you there fast, but not much fun.