Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Digilux use by professionals
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:55:58 -0400

Not all digital camera go out of date so quickly.   Minolta recently
provided a firmware upgrade for my Minolta Dimage 7 that added
significantly to it's feature set, a year after I bought it.  It still
functions well (5 mp is still competitive) for me.

One feature in particular; a real time histogram visible in the viewfinder
which makes proper exposure almost gauranteed.

Dan C.

At 04:24 PM 26-08-02 -0600, John Collier wrote:
>Yes and everyone is deliriously happy for exactly two months until it is
>so hopelessly out of date it is a lump on the dealers' shelves. Assuming
>of course that it is not completely out of date before it hits those
>same shelves. Many digital projects get scrapped without ever seeing
>fruition (or return on investment) due to the rapidly changing
>technology. Leica is a very small company, they would be insane if they
>tried to compete in the digital world without a major player on side.

[snip]