Subject: [Leica] BD Questions, was Digilux use by professionals
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:24:51 -0500

BD
I was quite taken by the really nice textures in your recent digi
shoot, especially the one with the grandmother and child, and the
waiting with luggage shot.

I AM gonna go take a look at the Oly E-20.  Of course, I do not have a
prejudice against the Electronic viewfinder of the Nikon 5700 because
of my video background, so that may be a good choice too.

An advantage to the E20 is that I could power the E20 from my Quantum
Battery One, and I take it that it has less drain than the others that
rely on electronic VF and as well.

The question I guess that bugs me is the possibility of lag.  I'm  a
real stickler for waiting until there is some movement or "something
happening" when possible in a shot, and I think I want my digicam to
be capable of soothing me by actually going off as soon as possible
after I push the detonator.   Did you find that a problem at all with
the Oly on this road trip?  Any other things that you flagged as bad
about the E20?  Anything you loved about it?

Sonny