Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 2 Cam lens on an R Camera?
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:00:52 -0700

on 8/27/02 6:03 PM, robertmeier@usjet.net at robertmeier@usjet.net wrote:

> What happens when you use a 2 cam lens on, say, an R5?   Does the aperture
> not stop down?  (At all, I mean, even when I release the shutter?)  Should
> stop-down metering be possible?

The aperture will stop down, it's only metering that will be affected.  You
may have stop-down metering, the tolerances between the lens and the camera
body may be such that you'll have accurate metering, or accurate metering
after exposure compensation.  Give it a try.  Leica's official story is that
using 2-cam lenses on an R body will damage something but many people on
the list have used them and have reported no damage.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com