Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica in New York
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:18:03 EDT

In a message dated 8/28/02 9:14:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cwsat@istate.net
writes:

> Reply, I did not find them all that courteous on one visit. They did not
>  want to give me the key to the  men's room down the hall. Some remark
>  about the landlord getting upset. Reluctantly gave it to me.

Bill, my very strong guess is that you visited Tamarkin at his old address on
lower Broadway before the move to new quarters. The building in which he was
formerly is owned by Jay and Rose Deutsch, owners of the Leica Gallery on the
same floor of the building. I know that in fact the Deutsch's imposed a rule
prohibiting their tenants from permitting customers to use the lavatory
facilities, following a customer soiling and damaging one of the lavatories.
I had been dealing with Stan since long before he opened the New York store
and when non-access to the facilities began, I too was surprised and annoyed.
But that was indeed the rule.

Seth            LaK 9

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica in New York)