Subject: Re: [Leica] breaking down and buying lighting any sujestions ?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:53:48 -0400

- --On Wednesday, August 28, 2002 6:16 PM -0500 George Lottermoser
<imagist@concentric.net> wrote:

> CHARLES STIRK JR Cccstirkjr@yahoo.com (CHARLES STIRK JR C)8/28/022:34 PM
>
>> Really
>> just wondering if I am missing something wonderful
>
> I love my Elinchrom Monolights. Pretty good price per watt/second. Great
> color balance. And amoung the highest flash duration available in their
> price range. Nice range of reflectors. No complaints.

I think that because you buy the White Lightning stuff factory-direct, with
no distributor in the chain, you generally get a better price/performance
ratio than with some of their competitors. That is not to say that there
aren't other good lights out there, but I think you are hard-pressed to
beat the Paul Buff stuff. I've had several of the Ultras for many years
with nary a glitch. When I picked up a couple of additional used units on
the auction site that may not be named, there were some problems with the
mounting blocks. I called Paul Buff and they sent me new ones, no questions
asked, even though I wasn't the original owner. That is excellent customer
service and one reason the company has so many fans.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.