Subject: RE: [Leica] Digilux Zoom. Was: Digilux use by professionals
From: Martyn Oliver <martyn@wordspace.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:20:43 +0100

Clive Moss wrote (about a halo effect):

>It is a result of the sharpening algorithm(s) used somewhere along the
>line. It is the digital equivalent of the "edge-effect" that is produced
>by high acutance developers.
>--
>Clive

Ah. I see. I remember meeting that years ago in the darkroom. Thanks.
It must also be similar to the kind of distortion you (eventually)
get when you apply an unsharp mask in Photoshop. A pity the camera's
internals do this for you when you could choose to do it for yourself
or otherwise.

Thank you, Clive.

Martyn

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Digilux Zoom. Was: Digilux use by professionals)