Subject: [Leica] Leitz Red Boxes
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:52:33 -0400

A question came up about a collection of VisoI stuff I got in a 'trunk
sale'- that is I bought a trunk that had a lot of the Leica Visoflex stuff
in it. Most of the boxes had the gold leaf lettering stamped on them, save
two. One was the box containing the bellows, and the other was the one
containing the bellows shade.
I felt they were original factory boxes as they seemed to be made with wood
support blocks precisely for this equipment, another person says that they
are not original.
The equipment seems to have been purchased in a post exchange, as the
bellows still had the receipt in the box indicating where it was bought. The
person who owned the trunk had been military, and from some of the negatives
it appeared that he had been in Europe- or Eastern Europe from the uniforms
of the railroad people in some.
I was hoping that some of you who collect, especially with the boxes, would
let me know if Leitz in fact shipped or sold Leica gear in red, unmarked
boxes.
Many thanks in advance!
Dan