Subject: Re: [Leica] Portrait of Marianne = bad mistake
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:00:45 -0400

Fred,

You can see a shot from that very lens at

http://www.dantestella.com/technical/nokton.html

The Nokton is a very capable optic, by some accounts better than the
current Summilux wide-open.  The Nikkor, the other contestant, beat the
hell out of the Summarit.  It took Leica 10 years to surpass it.

As to the balance of your comments (I guess they are directed at BD but
are also a slight at Peter), I would suggest that you mind your manners.

Regards
Dante