Subject: Re: [Leica] the latest madness
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 23:43:55 -0400

B.D.,

Somehow, messages from you, me, and Dante have become mistakenly ascribed in
a three-way mix-up.  My only posting on this issue supported your position
wholeheartedly.  It appears that Dante thought I wrote the "grandfather"
analogy, and you thought I had questioned it.

Not so.  My original message to you is repeated below for clarity:

>>>As a mostly lurker, please let me amplify B. D.'s sentiments.  It is
obvious
that Ted's INTENT was never to offend anyone.  Nor was it to belittle the
horrors of human slavery.  I have no doubt that if someone had told Ted in
advance that his remarks, though offered as light humor, might tread on the
sensitivities of some list readers, he would have refrained.  When it was
pointed out, he apologized.

Yes, there are many people of ill will in this world.  There are also lots
of good guys.  Let's not be so on guard against the former that we lash out
at the latter.

I have followed Ted's online "career" since the early days of Compuserve.
He's a good guy.

Julian<<<<<

Julian