Subject: Re: [Leica] Small pocketable camera
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 14:35:29 -0700

Phong wrote:

> Hello Nathan,
>
> you wrote:
> > What I did not like about the Minilux was its size and even
> > more its ergonomics.
> > I now use a Rollei 35 with its excellent 2.8/40mm Sonnar lens.
>
> It's been a while since I handled a Rollei 35; could you confirm
> that the Rollei 35 is indeed smaller than the Minilux ?   My impression
> was that it maybe so.  Thanks in advance for the clarification,
>
> - Phong

I got into Leica through Rollei 35 use.
Though small of course and now there are smaller cameras out there it
seemed to be built right around the film cassette itself. But the real
issue to me is not the exact size but the  weight. You can put it in you
top shirt pocket. But soon that pocket has sunc to your navel. I cant
even put mine in a pants pocket. I carry it around all day in a small
pouch with fits on my belt. And i shoot Neopan 1600 in it so i can shoot
at f 11 and get everything in focus between those red makers.

I think of it as my Leica Mini. But I'll just carry my M6 with me all day.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com