Subject: [Leica] Re: Water resistance
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:25:39 -0400

Brad Daly wrote: "i seem to remember someone saying that back in the olden
days you could  immerse a waterlogged body in denatured alcohol to get out
all the  water, then let that dry out.  i'm not sure if this would damage
any of  the electronics on the M6 or M6TTL."

    Many, Many years ago, I used denatured alcohol to quick dry 4x5 film.
I've never heard of it being used to dry out camera. Plus, I think is would
also harm the lubricants and it leave a thin film on the surface.
    The best advise, I've heard for a drowned camera is to seal it in a
plastic bag and send it off for repair.
Happy Snaps,

Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA