Subject: [Leica] m6 ttl serial numbers
From: "mjr@grok.org" <cmra.rosen@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:16:32 -0400

Is there any way to tell by serial number the approximate date of
manufacture, for the m6 ttl?  Also, I heard that the earlier m6 ttl's had
some fault with the circuit board that led to too much battery drain.  Can I
tell if mine has the newer board?  I haven't noticed any unusual battery
drain, but I haven't had the camera long enough to be able to tell.  My
serial number is 24817xx.  Thanks,

Mark
mjr@grok.org