Subject: Re: [Leica] the latest madness
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:24:20 -0600

Hmmm, I have never seen Ted angry. Rather silly to pass judgment over a
few of words on a screen. I always judge someone by my own thoughts and
actions which pretty much makes Attila the Hun a saint and Jerry Lewis a
genius*. Oh well, at the risk of being repetitious and dull:

Excerpted from the housekeeping messages:

- -----------

The most important rules for the LUG are:

1. Take pictures.
2. Criticize photographs and cameras, not people.
3. Be silent when you think someone needs to be argued with.
4. Take the high road.

Here are the never-changing reminders:

1. Almost nobody ever changes their opinion of another person as a
result of a message you send criticizing him. They are more likely to
change their opinion of you.

2. If you said it once, and nobody listened, saying it again louder and
more forcefully is not going to change anything.

3. Mix Xtol with distilled water, no matter what Mark Rabiner tells you.
He must live in a town with magic water. His photographs prove that he
doesn't need distilled water, but ordinary mortals do.

- ----------

John Collier

* the examples given are what is classified as a hyperbole**. No offense
was intended to persons named Attila or Jerry. Nor was offense was
intended to any Huns, their descendants or supporters. Finally a little
bit of offense was meant for those crazy French who think Jerry is a
genius! :-)

** hyperbole - exaggerated statement not meant to be taken literally
(Oxford)

PS: by explaining the meaning of hyperbole, I hope I have not offended
anyone by making them feel small***

***Not that there is anything wrong with being small...

OH #@%!! forget it....

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] OT madness question)
Reply from George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] OT madness question)
Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] OT madness question)