Subject: Re: [Leica] wides.....
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 11:31:50 -0600

Hi Frank,

I was not referring to optical design when I said that a physically
large lens is a problem for a rangefinder camera but not for an SLR.
Physically large lenses block the rangefinder camera's viewfinder. Right
now the 21/2.8 Asph (with hood mounted) is just about to block the
rangefinder patch at closest focus; and, blocks the lower one fifth of
the separate viewfinder. I would love an f/2 or, be still my heart, an
f/1.4 but not  if you could not focus or frame with it.

John Collier