Subject: [Leica] ALERT- Actual Leica R lens question
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:02:45 EDT

First off, I'd like to thank all of you who took the time to answer my
question on the 135mm Leica R lens offerings.

My next question is slightly more nebulous, but for those that
believe/understand my question, feel free to answer....

In the Leica M series, I have seen certain lens with what I'd call a certain
signature look.  The 35mm pre-asph, the 50mm nocti (hold your tongue here
BD), the 75mm lux.   I can't define what exactly the "look" is, some actually
consider the look "flawed", but some of you might understand, and appreciate
it as well.  (I particularly like how black and white film works with these
lenses).

So, my question is....what are the, if any, equivalents of these lenses in
the Leica R lens line-up.  I'm not wanting a Leica vs. Japan argument, a
dissertation on the origins of the word bokeh and how it relates to
Mesopotamian slave castes in nazi owned factories that made tilley hats...
I'm just curious about R lens line-up now that I have an R-7 (thank you
Phong).

TIA

- -kim  (who incidentally is also a chick, er, woman, er womyn, well, xx....so
that makes at least 3 on the lug.)

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] ALERT- Actual Leica R lens question)
Reply from Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net> (Re: [Leica] ALERT- Actual Leica R lens question)
Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] ALERT- Actual Leica R lens question)