Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica info/discussion reources?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:18:48 -0700

Craig Schroeder wrote:

> I've been looking for some information for building a basic but solid
> Leica M system.  I didn't see anything specific on UseNet and I've only
> really found the LUG group.  Are there some discussion groups more
> specific to the issues of photography and the application of Leica
> hardware discussion and analysis?  So far, this is my only resource and
> I live in the rural area of northern Wisconsin where I don't have
> reasonable access to dealers and really depend on the net for good
> information.  I had a couple of responses in here for some Leica
> expertise and thank you for that.
>
> --
>
> Craig Schroeder

Tell us what your subject matter is and how you'd like to approach
photographing it. What film you'd use to do this with. Color neg, slide,
black and white. What you had for breakfast this morning and what you
plan to have for dinner tonight. Do you think you'd prefer working with
mainly wide angles? Your opinions on meters in cameras or hand held.
Flash? Winders?
Fill in that questionnaire and i know I'll be able to give you some very
specific ideas of what i think you should get. And so could a lot of us. Really.

I think a "solid system" is based on use first. Then simple preference.
I'm sure half of us use a certain lens because we like the way it looks.
Or we like the sound of the word "Summilux" as it rolls off our lips.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com