Subject: RE: [Leica] the latest madness-Flame shields up and operational.
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:21:16 -0500

Sam Krnetaskrneta@mindspring.com (Sam Krneta)9/2/0212:36 PM

>The thing that pisses me off most is while all this s**t banter has been

If we can avoid getting pissed off we will have found the peace we seek.

>I have yet to see so many grown men with so much in life act the way we
>do.

I see a world full of grown men and women behaving much as this list at its worst. I see a lot of
grown ups actually blowing up the world around them over the issues that bring out the worst in
us. At least, as far as I know, none of us has blown each other up yet.

>The combined knowledge on this group is nothing short of amazing.
>Yet we often act like children in a school yard, myself included.

And theoretically the folks who choose to blow up entire cultures also possess great knowledge and
have large, educated staffs.

>What is it with us?

Great question.

>Is there just too much inactive brain power on this group?

Or too much active brain power put to impulsive and thoughtless emotional responses?

We could also all vow to:
    Think before we type.
    Offer thoughtful and researched facts, data, and photos which relate to the topic.
    Discuss the ways and means of imaging the issues that come up.

Most interesting to me - the topic that started it all has great social political relevance to our
lives, and the lives of all our brothers and sisters around the globe. Let us figure out how to
communicate the relevance, the problems and solutions with the means that we have - cameras,
words, intelligence.

George