Subject: Re: [Leica] Another wide open lens shot:Summarit at 1.5
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:37:10 -0700

Teresa299@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/3/02 6:55:01 PM, dorysrus@mindspring.com writes:
>
> << Last week amongst the shouting there were several postings with images of
>
> fast fifties wide open.  I thought you all would like to see what a Summarit
>
> looks like wide open and up close.  I think that the look is very unique.
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=989539 >>
>
><Snip>

Wow and a green filter! There must not have been any red in her lips as
they remain very pale.
She is such a wonderful and interesting looking young women and of
course the Bright Bokeh Pancakes behind her head seem to reflect what's
on her mind or even her spirit! Of course!
Even the white fence i think if you took out the white fence the shot
would really be weakened as it is more than a portrait but a
compositional masterpiece.
No I'd call it a one in a million shot. The shot is perfect. Like an Icon.
Icons with my Nikon I called one of my shows a dozen years ago. That was then.
This shot will look just as great in ten years. Twenty years.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com