Subject: [Leica] Bluefire Police Film Update
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:52:56 -0600

I'm going to order some myself and try it out. In the meantime here's an update on the Bluefire Police Film:

Sorry this is taking so long, but I can never predict when I'll be in.

The film is a microfilm, which is how it gets its fine grain. In standard
developers, microfilms have extremely high contrast and are unusable for
pictorial work. The supplied developer is an ultra-low-contrast formulation
specific to getting pictorial contrast with microfilms. You could also test
the film with any low-contrast developer, but my experience has been that
the Bluefire HR is the best combination of pictorial resolution and useable
speed (EI 80).

Thanks for your interest and let me know what you want to do.

David Foy

The Frugal Photographer
http://www.frugalphotographer.com