Subject: [Leica] Still working on the darkroom
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:51:37 +1000

Now I know this is not directly leica related, though, I will be
printing leica negs, so advice please.

Enlargers: old fashioned and unfashionable, but I want to upgrade my
Durst M805 to a 4x5 kit, (so I can print the full X-pan and Bessa
negs ;-) ). I really want the best, and I'm happy to sit and wait for
it to come up. Which chassis, which lenses and which light sources
should I be "waiting" for to cope with colour negs, b/w fibre and
multigrade paper and Ilfochrome. Keep it off list as it may be
considered too un-Leicalike. My initial search is turning up:

devere 504, but they went belly up, and parts etc will be hard to come by
Omega D5XL, D6X, or D5500: how do these differ?
Durst Labrator 1200.

Cheers