Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: Photo books and prints by Albert Wang, first three copies for free.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:16:06 -0400

Okay, enough is a bleeping nuff! It's time to point out that the bleeping
Emperor is stark raving naked - and more than a bit mad!

What is the theory here - call yourself a photographer - or, in this case, a
"street photographer/documentary photographer" and you ARE one? Drop a load
of crap off at Kinkos for printing and you are a PUBLISHED photographer?

Over the past year or two numerous people on this and other lists have
looked at Alfie's work and tried to offer him constructive criticism. And he
has ignored all of it - which would be fine if he exhibited one scintilla of
talent or originality and was developing a unique style and vision.

But he hasn't, and he isn't...

The idea that someone would hold himself out as a "photographer" whose work
is worth of collecting - with an autograph for God's sake?! - while offering
this kind of crap - and I use the word advisedly - to the world is truly
appalling.

I know that there will be those of you who will say that I am being mean
spirited, nasty, or any number of other things. What I am being is honest.

What Alfie is doing is demeaning and insulting to all of us who have spent
years working at our craft - whether as hobbyists or professionals - honing
our skills to the point where we can honestly say, "I am a photographer."

Please, for the sake of your own integrity as photographers, do not continue
to humor him and play along with this insulting nonsense.

B. D. Colen