Subject: Re: Maco 820 IR (WAS:[Leica] Nathan's PAW 36: Infrared neighbourhood)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 01:59:04 +0200

Thanks, Don!

Maco 820 IR has become my favorite IR film. It is less extreme than Kodak's HIE
but much more IR than the Konica or Ilford SFX. As the name implies, it is
sensitive up to 820 nm, compared to around 750 nm for the Konica and Ilford
films and 900 or so for HIE (the visible spectrum stops around 700 nm as far as
I know). Heliopan lables their filters with the wavelength at which they kick
in, so that the 695 cuts off all wavelengths below 695 nm. Hence, it is quite
well suited to get a good IR effect out of the Maco film. I have also tried
with a regular deep red filter (#29) but that one is weaker. With the 695
filter I rate the Maco at EI=12.

Nathan