Subject: [Leica] RE: R9d - technical details(?)
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 17:06:20 +0200

>Apologies if this is already old news.  I just pulled
>this off the photo.net Leica Forum.
>
>Details about the up-coming Leica R9d - FWIW!
>
><http://summilux.online.fr/r_system/futur.html>
>
>(Page is in French, so have dictionary ready.)
>
>The R9d apparently uses the Philips full-frame 24x36mm
>3072 x 2048 CCD.
>
>At 10 000 Euros, it's a *little* steep however.
>
>Comes with some pretty cool-looking acquire software:
>
><http://summilux.online.fr/r_system/futur2.html>

Andrew

My only concern about this information is that Contax, that uses this full
format captor, spent some years developping it and finally launched the
Contax ND which is only 400 ASA maximum. Other concern is that batteries
drain quickly. Think the Canos EOS D30, I use one, get from a tiny batery
600 shoots! I just wait... but I believe that this information is sciencie
fiction!

Kind regards

Felix