Subject: Re: [Leica] RF question from an SLR kind of guy
From: Jeffery Smith <JLS@runbox.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 09:53:20 -0500

Since using a rangefinder, my DOF has become much shallower because the RF
lenses I have are, for the most part, better than my Nikon SLR lenses were.
I use the markings on the lens for some things, but I tend to shoot wide
open or nearly so for most subjects. My preference is to remove the
distractions in the background by throwing them into a sea of bokeh. When I
do want some background in focus, then I go for the optimum aperture (which
is usually f/8) and rely on hyperfocal settings.

JLS