Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Focus Binding
From: "Joe Chan" <leicauser@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 18:11:10 +0100

I had the same problem on a used 50mm Summicron R which was caused by the
lens barrel around the focusing ring having been "squashed" slightly,
probably due to insufficient padding in a camera bag, so that it was rubbing
on the focus ring.

I fixed it by slipping a penknife blade between the focus ring and the lens
barrel and carefully easing the barrel out.

Regards,

Joe Chan