Subject: RE: [Leica] The truth about b.d. colen...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:43:37 -0400

Substandard Standard Poodle...;-)

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of John
Collier
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 3:35 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Since we are doing True Confessions I can at last reveal all.

B.D. Colen is a pussy cat; the nicest nicest meekest man you ever meet.
Unfortunately he has a black lab, Dr. Blacktape, who cannot abide tripe:
especially when its photography or prose. When Dr. Blacktape sees tripe
he bites poor little old B.D. on the leg and will not let go until B.D.
composes a real zinger in reply.

Naturally B.D. is as upset about the state of affairs as some on this
list are. The dog is a favorite of SWMBO, of whom even the dog is in
fear of, and so there matters must rest. I myself think pity rather than
condemnation is in order.

For the more clever amongst us there is a nice way to get around this
conundrum. Dr. Blacktape does not have an ear for poetry. So when you
must post tripe, as that is all you have to say, make sure it rhymes
and, I assure you, all will be well.

John Collier

Here is a good start:

There once was a grumpy snapper...

>>> BD.  ...  you have not the skill to be so