Subject: RE: [Leica] need help-Paris Luggers (Purchasing Power)--now Amsterdam shops
From: "Sam Krneta" <skrneta@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:59:34 -0500

Thanks everyone for all the info. Elvis has left the country. I forgot
about VAT which makes a big difference. I understand you can get it back
at the airport but the one time I tried it was a royal pain. That was a
few years ago and I can't imagine wanting to add an extra step in the
airport process these days. I do remember some really nice collector
pieces when I was there a few years ago. (It's been too long) at
reasonable prices.

Amsterdam, hmmmm I never thought about looking for camera gear when I
was there, and I've been there four times. :-) Before anyone gets
excited, that was meant to be a joke. I will say that I have never met a
group of friendlier people in my life than the Dutch.

On to another subject: Does anyone know the story behind the little
camera shop attached to the cathedral in Köln? Does the cathedral have
anything to do with the shop? Are they squatters? Inquiring minds want
to know.

Sam Krneta