Subject: [Leica] New images - feedback / help with scanning!
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:49:11 +0100

Dear all,

I have just posted some new images to
http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/folder-3334.html

The colour ones were scanned this afternoon using my new Canon 2400FS
flatbed scanner.

The B&W image was scanned from a print and looks pretty good (IMHO).
However, the colour images are not very sharp at all.  They look good under
a loupe.

Both of the scans are from mounted slides.  I originally scanned one of them
using as per the instructions, i.e. mounting the slide in the film holder,
but this resulted in an even softer scan!

These scans were done by placing the slide mounts directly on to the glass
of the scanner, using the film holder as a positioning guide.  The scans
were originally done at 1200 ppi, sharpened in Photoshop elements using the
unsharp mask and then resized (with resampling) before being converted to
JPG format.

I have RTFM'd and I can't find anything in the Canon literature to indicate
what I'm doing wrong.  Any help or advice, plus feedback on the images on or
off list would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark Pope
Swindon Wilts, UK