Subject: Re: [Leica] 75mm M-Summilux ??'s
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:49:44 -0400

Yes, I use the 75 Lux fairly frequently.  I think I could live fairly
happily with a 15, 35, 75.  What do I use it for?  Optical isolation, up
close at 1.4 it gets fuzzy faster than a Noct.  Low light theater work where
the lighting weenies think its cute to be dim.  As a slightly long 50 where
you need some in camera cropping but a 90 is too tight.  Be forewarned that
at 1.4 you should be using a 0.85, an M3, or a 0.72 and the 1.25 magnifier
as the depth of field is very minimal and it is easy to miss-focus the eyes.

Reasons to hate the lens include poor frame lines on all models, relatively
large for an M lens, viewfinder cut off that can be significant, and an
annoying 60mm filter size.

Don
dorysrus@mindspirng.com