Subject: RE: [Leica] R9d - technical details(?) now M12 and R25
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 17:04:23 -0700

I thought about this R9d html page for a minute and then remembered.  One
can, if one OWNS the server a web site is on or controls the administrator,
create custom 404 error html pages and or redirect you to a specific page
if an error occurs.  To test this on the Leica site just try this one:
http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/rsystem/r25zzz/index_e.html

I am a passionate Leica-phile but even I doubt they are planning the R25
version ZZZ yet!
You are seeing their webmaster trying to not embarass you for miss typing
the url by sending you somewhere nice instead.

This would also explain why the M12 pages work!
http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/M12/index.html
or even the new digital system
http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/Dsystem/index.html
and my favorite  - the I hate N***n page
http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/IhateNikon/index.html

At least thats what I think.
John Bohner

'you can't make things idiot proof..the idiots are to damn inventive...'