Subject: [Leica] trees and Bishops
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:27:29 -0500

This weekend was one of those that I had fantasized exactly the way it
would go, but had to change plans . . .  The new Bishop of Western
Louisiana was being invested in Shreveport, and Kathy was singing in
the choir, so I thought I'd go up there and take a few pics.

Even though that was the first thing that was happening Saturday,
let's fast-forward to the evening, when I am getting back to town in
time to drop our 12 year old off at an overnight/fishing trip.  I
return to the house, and my neighbors are all standing in my yard.

They are looking at this:
http://www.sonc.com/treehouse.htm

I would tell you that for some things, the CV 15mm is a good lens to
show dramatic effect.  OK, we are all OK, but the tree is still in/on
he house, we patched it with little tents, and that "Good Stuff"
canned foam until they can bring a crane truck from Alexandria to hold
the limb while they whittle it.  This tree is 135 years old.  We are
not sure we can save it, but I may turn into our picnic table.
Meanwhile the only room that is damaged is Eric's, and we think we'll
have it habitable after tomorrow.

OK.  now, onward and upward.  The Episcopal Diocese of Western
Louisiana has just elected a Bishop to take over for retiring Bishop
Robert Hargrove.  The Rt. Reverend Bruce McPherson, who has been in
Dallas for many years is taking over being Shepherd of the unruly
flock of Episcopalians here.

The service of Investiture is quite a thing, and I will publish a
larger gallery from my photography Saturday, but here are four,
starting with my Picture of the Week.

I was shooting quite slow, since the CV is an f4.5, and a flash went
off during my shot that yielded this interesting (to me) shot.

http://www.sonc.com/paw2/invest.htm

The splendor and color of the service at St. Marks at Shreveport

http://www.sonc.com/bishop/invest2.htm

All three Bishops that have served the Diocese, and several other
visiting, at the altar during Eucharist.

http://www.sonc.com/bishop/altar.htm

Finally, one of the first shots I took, Bishop McPherson as he steps
forward to be invested.

http://www.sonc.com/bishop/stepping.htm

Regards.

SonC