Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: .85x now flare in the viewfinder
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:15:53 -0400

I was hardly suggesting that you don't shoot constantly and
don't do wonderful commercial work, Don....I do, however, doubt that this is
a "unit variable" problem.

Everyone's pal Erwin long-ago noted that there were changes made in the
viewfinder that cause the flare. It is a real problem, so real that Erwin
noted it in his review of the M7, in which he said that the problem had been
reduced, but NOT eliminated. And so now we have Leica saying that they are
going to do something about the problem in the newer M7s, and that we can
retrofit M6 TTLs to deal with the problem. If this was some weird little
quirk, I doubt they would be going to this length to fix it.

And of course, use the tool that works...The M6, flare or no, works for me.
But the flare is an annoying problem.

B. D.