Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M7 problems
From: Michael Cahill <mcahill@laurelgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:01:20 -0400

I concur.  I've not had any troubles either.  Th ISO dial takes a little
getting used to.  I have inadvertently hit it once or twice with the
result being a blinking diode in the viewfinder, not a bad feature.

I have found the metering to be right on and the photos I have taken to
date are exposed beautifully.  The battery compartment is a little
screwy, but with a minimum of attention is doesn't pose a problem.

I love the On/Off switch, something Leica should have done years ago.

MC

On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 11:16 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I have now had the M7 for several months and have not experienced the
> problems
> you mention: my ISO dial is not loose, the advance lever functions
> perfectly, and
> while I did dislodge the battery cover once while shooting the test
> roll, it has
> not happened since. The blinking in the viewfinder when in non-DX mode
> is a
> feature, not a "problem"; we may dislike it or like it but it was
> designed that
> way, hence it is not fair to call it a problem, as in a defect. From my
> experience with the M7 so far, it is the best Leica M ever, at least
> among the
> ones I own or have owned, which include the M3, M6TTL and two flavors
> of M6
> classic (0.72 and 0.85).
>
> Nathan
>
> Bill Satterfield wrote:
>
>> This is the reason I have not bought a M7. Waiting in them to fix this,
>> the ISO loose dial problem, the advance lever locking up problem, the
>> battery cover popping off problem. the blinking in the viewfinder when
>> in non ISO mode problem and one or two others I can not recall. I will
>> be first in line when they address and resolve these problems. Also,
>> rumor has it they may becoming out with an engraved topple.
>
> --
> Nathan Wajsman
> Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland
>
> e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch