Subject: RE: [Leica] Karsh - Now Ted Grant
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:27:48 -0400

I don't disagree with the Freidlander comment...it's the comment about
portrait painters - which you didn't make - that I disagree with...I think
that while many great painters can certainly be identified by style, they
are far far more successful at really capturing their subjects than are
formulaic photographers such as Karsh...