Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Grain aliasing
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:52:25 -0400

> I feel some of it is the way I am scanning (picking
> the proper
> rez) ...

Roy,

Just be aware that the CCD scans at only one resolution, as the resolution
of the ?CCD is fixed, unless your scanner has the ability to change
magnification, you probably can't really eliminate it by changing
resolution, as it is only a processed resolution, the scan resolution is
still the same.  It does seem that some scanner seem to exacerbate it more
with some films...so I'd say choose your films/processing wisely!

Regards,

Austin