Subject: Re: [Leica] Mid-life crisis ???
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:07:03 -0400

Henry,

I got back to doing photography by the same sort of minimalism that Alex
suggested. I still had all the Nikon stuff from twenty years before, but it
represented "professionalism" to me and was too intimidating. With a 50
year old Retina, I could forget about that, and celebrate the decent
pictures I got by overcoming it's limitations. In fact, they weren't
limitations. Instead, liberations from an old attitude that said every shot
had to be perfect. Also, I got free of needing a light meter, discovered
the benefit of a terrible tiny viewfinder and got to like the rangefinder.

Now, I'm working with serious intent, but hoping to not make it so
important an identity that the old block returns. Keep repeating, "I'm just
a student, always just a student...."

Best wishes,

Carl