Subject: Re: [Leica] Downloadable Erwin Puts Book
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:08:49 -0400

>> > Steve,
>> >
>> > Do you have evidence that they DIDN'T?  Erwin has publicly
>> stated that he
>> > gets equipment from them.  That certainly constitutes "paid"
>> whether it was
>> > loaned or not, it's still a form of "compensation".
>> >
>> > Austin
>> >

>> ...well, duh, yeah...and when Road & Track gets a Porsche to test
>> they test
>> it then give it back...duh
>
> Why, yes, Steve, they do...after some time, perhaps...but the MAIN point is
> they ALSO test Ferrari, Dodge, Chevrolet, BMW, Mercedes etc.  Not JUST
> Porsche.
>
> Er, duh ;-)
>
> Austin

...OK, Erwin started out testing lenses several years ago as a hobby (he
loves photography), he became very good at it, developed a web site which is
read by 10s of thousands of people, he wrote a book, he became more famous,
manufacturers (including Leica) approached him to do consulting work.

Am I missing something??

Oh yes, Austin and B.D. are idiots that nobody except the people on the LUG
have ever heard of.

sl