Subject: [Leica] Leica M4-P, and CRM PAW 2001 & 2002
From: "Marshall, C.R." <C.R.Marshall@uwsp.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:04:08 -0500

Leica M4-P, and CRM PAW 2001 & 2002

In 2001 I started a PAW. It lasted 17 weeks and generated 38 photos (Mostly Nikon with a few digital shots.). It was a great learning experience, even though it failed to last 52 weeks or generate 52 photos.

My plan was that if I could last out the year, I would reward myself with my first Leica.

I have a lot of opinions concerning the virtues and faults of the process. Most have already been posted by others. Suffice it to say that I have been privately working go a Photo-A-Whenever-I-Get-Around-To-It for 2002.  I have 36 shots posted so far this year (not necessarily in chronological order). This, added to some more flower shots on another part of the page, I have over 52 posted this year.

Links are at http://www.crmarshall.com/photopage.htm

I now have an old, ugly, beat-up M4-P and a Jupiter 35mm lens. Not a bad starter kit for under $700.

I am going to Savannah, GA next week, and leaving all of the Nikon equipment behind.

One camera, One lens. It should be a good trip.

C.R. Marshall

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Leica M4-P, and CRM PAW 2001 & 2002)