Subject: Re: [Leica] Last Thursday's portrait session.
From: Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:57:27 +1000

Thank you all for that vote of confidence. I will remove the reject photos from
the site tomorrow morning.

The inclusion of the cyclist was pure luck and reflex. Because I use Leica, I saw
him moving into the frame and was able to wait for what I thought was the exact
instant it needed. (Would the lagtime on an M7 have changed the shot?) The lady
who commissioned the session agreed and bought a 20"x30" of  that image, hence
the signature and title under the image.

That ability to see out of frame in the M system was something I thought was just
a sales gimmick when I first used the Leica, but every now and then it is
invaluable. I may have captured the same image with an slr and motor drive, but I
prefer to be unencumbered by bulky and heavy lenses.

Some time ago Canon lent me two EOSes and two L series lenses to shoot a job. The
whole system was heavier that my Hasselblad kit, so after persevering for an hour
or so, I switched back to the Leicas and finished the job in comfort.........and
the developed rolls of negs, when held up side by side, were more "snappy" than
the Canon negs which were a more "grey". They still printed on the same grade of
paper, but I felt that the shadow detail in the Leica negs was better. Not a
scientific evaluation by any means, just my opinion.

Rob