Subject: [Leica] Why lurk
From: "Jack Herron" <jherron@theriver.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 12:20:47 -0700

Rob,
    I "lurk";
1.  To see other peoples work, and hopefully learn from it.  And I have.
2.  To read the criticisms and advice offered by members of the group, and
hopefully learn from it.  And I have.
3.  To learn more about the Leicas I have, and those I don't, Leica lenses
and accessories.  And I have.
4.  To avoid being a negative influence on the group by injecting more venom
into the witches brew.  There is more than enough hatred and verbal violence
here without any contributions from me.
5.  To evaluate, by non-destructive observation, the artistic talents of the
members, and their merits as human beings, both of these being made evident
in their posts.

    I think Paul Carter has drawn an accurate and very graphic analogy of
the group.  As imagery goes, it is up there with the best of the group's
photography.  And it is without rancor or hatred or violence, accurate but
gentle.  All in all, an excellent job of lurking!

Jack
Jack C. Herron
8118 E. 20th St.
Tucson, AZ 85710