Subject: Re: [Leica] Last Thursday's portrait session.
From: Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:22:08 +1000

Hi Neil,

The only thing I said to the mum was that I would meet them at the Wynnum wading pool and to wear dark clothes. I knew that the location would hold up but I rarely know how the people will respond to direction. I have a set of rules that I made up some twenty years ago and have no reason to vary them. They are:

1. Find a suitable background.
2. Establish your foreground.
3. Place your subjects.
4. All of this is assuming that the light is right.

Sound  simplistic I know, but it works for me. Once I have my location the people can do virtually anything they want (with a bit of guidance) and the result will be, if not great, then acceptable. If you are interested I can send you a small shot of each proof privately and you can see how I work a location.
Regards,
Rob