Subject: RE: [Leica] Thoughts on digital and the impact on Leica
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:34:58 -0400

> >> .....I suppose which side of the fence you are on means you
> are going to
> >> promote your team.
>

> Austin,
>
> Sorry, my remarks really had nothing to do with anything you said, but
> rather the film vs digital debate in general. And I do think that most
> people are going to take up a position in this debate.
>
> Regards,
>
> sl

Hi Steve,

I didn't take it any way at all, no need to apologize at all!  It's a shame
people take any position on this, except to understand.  Both film and
digital have their place, and instead of wanting digital (or film for that
matter) to be more than it is, they should understand the advantages and
disadvantages of each, and use that to their advantage...instead of debating
something that just isn't reality based, but emotional based.  Some people
WANT digital to be their "hero", and that causes them to believe things that
just aren't true.  Same with film.  I simply look at the facts.  I don't
want either to "win", I just want to present a realistic analysis, instead
of what I've seen out there, seemingly almost shilled in nature.  That bugs
me.

Regards,

Austin