Subject: RE: [Leica] re: how easy/expensive is digital
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 23:39:04 -0400

Hi Mark,

> Here in our backwater suburb of Seattle you can just take your digital
> "film" (Compact Flash, SmartMedia, etc) to the local camera store (Ballard
> Camera), stick it in the front-end machine for the Noritsu photo printer,
> pick the images you want printed 4 x 6", and they'll come back to you at
> about the same price as film, printed digitally onto real photo paper (and
> you don't have to print the whole roll.)

I believe those will be more prolific over the next few years...but it's
still a trip to the store, then the time to select/print etc...but I like
the idea.  It's a lot cheaper than printing them your self, that's for sure.

We don't have anything like that near where I am, 30 miles West of
Boston...at least that I'm aware of.  Wish there was...and my guess is, our
local photo store (Harvard Camera) will eventually have one...eventually...

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] re: how easy/expensive is digital)