Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Really Really OT - Three things to remember when you parallel park??? - was
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:15:16 +0200 (MEST)

That is the car! But hers was hardtop.

She was a trooper. Got a divorce in the forties and was left with 7
children by a drunken man who just tried to make life difficult for her.
She was Catholic (and you didn't DO that ... she did). She started a
series of "rest homes", worked around the clock. At 2 am she'd take a
break, drive quietly out of town until she got to a straitway through the
cornfields for 10 miles (this is Southern Illinois), then she'd floor it
and keep it floored until about a mile before the hill at the end.

Her kids (who were all over 30) found out and had a fit. She didn't care.

But she swore the only way to park the thing was to see when the car in
front of you rocked back and forth gently ...