Subject: Re: [Leica] Catching up...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:27:13 -0400

At 08:12 PM 10/2/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Michael,
>
>If I were printing it in a wet darkroom, I would use a harder (contrastier)
>grade of paper, making sure that the print received the minimum exposure to
>give detail to the highlights.  Paper grade controls shadow detail.
>Like you I am a photoshop novice.  My guess is that you would have to
>experiment with the levels to change the contrast of the image.  I presume
>you can set the highlights using this.
>
>What do the photoshoppers out there think?  Any advice would be a great help
>to both Michael and I
>

>Regards
>
>Mark Pope
>Swindon Wilts, UK

Mark and Michael -

If you go to Image/Adjustment/Levels you will get a histogram.  Choose the
black eyedropper and click on the part of the photo that you want to be
blackest.  Click on the white eyedropper for the lightest highlight.  That
will give you a starting place and you can adjust the sliders from there.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: